This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Tribe Hummus
Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that is meant to be enjoyed for the deliciousness of it. Whether your valentine is a significant other, your best buds, your kids, or just your ol’ sweet self, it’s the day to enjoy sweet foods that are decadent and delightful. I thought it would be fun to create a dessert tray, akin to a cheese tray or charcuterie, but filled with everything sweet and romance-friendly. With the treat I’m sharing today, there is a twist- a healthy twist- because we’d love for our Valentines to be healthy too.
I love hummus so much that I often make it at home with variations (ie with artichokes, or two types of beans, or whatever). I never thought to try it as a dessert though, until now. Tribe created a line of luscious flavored dessert hummus that can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert, and can enhance your favorite eat-with-your-hands snacks (think pretzels and strawberries). Level up Valentine’s Day treats with organic strawberries and baked pretzel crisps dipper in Tribe Dark Chocolate hummus, and lay it all out on a tray to share with your sweetie- how good does that look??
There are many types of Tribe hummus you have to try, and here are a few that are amazing:
* Dark Chocolate Hummus– made with a smooth blend of chickpeas and cocoa (no dairy), it’s rich and creamy and so, so, so delicious. It’s perfect for romance- stay in with your honey and dip sweet fruits into this sweet hummus to enjoy over a cozy evening together ♥︎
* Cake Batter Hummus – tastes like sweet whipped vanilla birthday cake batter eaten right from the mixing bowl! Goes great with vanilla wafers, or alone with a spoon. Seriously, this was so good I found myself just licking it up on its own- it’s better than cake batter. It’s mind boggling, you won’t be able to believe it’s really hummus.
* Pea No-Nut Butter Hummus – extra nutty tahini and coconut oil are mixed with chickpeas to make this peanut butter alternative that works with to dip bananas into, or on top of toast. It’s nut-free, so safe for school lunches too.
* Vanilla Bean Hummus is a super indulgent dessert snack made with vanilla beans and chickpeas, a sweet, flavorful, creamy textured dip that is a healthier substitute for frosting and soooo much tastier too… oh my gosh, this is a real winner!
* Salt Caramel Hummus features brown sugar with burnt caramel flavor and vanilla undertones – great for dipping apples.
For Valentine’s Day, you must get the Dark Chocolate Hummus. It’s really just too good to believe, and you won’t feel guilty after. A romantic dessert platter while snuggling up with your honey, filled with sweet fruits laid out waiting to be dunked into the Dark Chocolate Hummus and shared. It’s sooo rich and yummy, a perfect Valentine’s Day tray of delights.
These dessert hummus are so tasty that adding them on top of cupcakes (instead of frosting) and cookies or pancakes (instead of HFCS syrups or dips) would also work fabulously, sort of sneaking in something better in a most delightful way. S’mored would be healthier with Dark Chocolate Hummus dipped graham crackers, and taste as yummy. Tribe makes hummus the way I would at home- using simple ingredients combined and turned into something better, and all Tribe Dessert Hummus flavors have only 5g of sugar per serving and no artificial preservatives, dairy, gluten, or any major allergens. They are Non-GMO Project verified, vegan, and kosher- they really are better-for-you desserts!
As health trends have come and gone, I think sweet hummus is one that will stick around. It’s part healthy, part dessert, and completely delicious. Tribe Hummus has stayed focused on just one thing, making great hummus, and now they’ve gone and made it perfect for romance and desserts ♥︎ Find Tribe hummus here.