Slowing down and spending more time with my boys is an important goal for me this year. I see them less now that they are in school full days, and the time is passing so quickly that I cherish the time we do spend together even more.
Both my son are old enough now to help me out in the kitchen when we bake, and they love to. We recently made a Vanilla Skillet Brownie that tasted fantabulous (yes, that’s a word), and it was surprisingly easy to make with kids (not to mention fun for them, since it involves cracking eggs and spreading frosting and sometimes even licking delicious batter).
I love the ease of using our skillet (and how easy clean up is), so don’t be surprised to find a lot more cast-iron skillet recipes coming up soon!
Vanilla Bean Skillet Brownie Recipe
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup International Delight French Vanilla creamer
1 cup cocoa
1⁄2 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F. Grease cast iron skillet. Set aside.
2. Whisk eggs. Add both sugars, continuing to whisk. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into your cast iron skillet. Bake for about 25 minutes for a 12 inch skillet. If your skillet is smaller, brownie will be thicker and might need to bake longer.
4. Remove skillet from oven and let cool a few minutes. Toss chocolate chips on top, and frost with spread vanilla icing.
* Keep in mind that this skillet brownie is best served warm and melty, the gooier, the better, so don’t overbake it!
This is sooo good, especially à la mode, and lately we find ourselves enjoying baking together a lot. The boys love brownies, cookies, cakes, and muffins, and I love spending time with them, and the way the house smells when something is in the oven. We mix up our favorite recipes with different International Delight creamers to change the flavor, so keep a few flavors on hand at all times.
So what have you been baking in the kitchen?
Sign up to receive the International Delight newsletter for updates, promotions, and recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.