We are getting ready for a fun July 4th, and I wanted our sons to join in the fun, so we made some fun ice cream milk drinks in glasses rimmed with festive red, white and blue sprinkles. It’s really easy to do and make a delicious ice cream beverage even more enjoyable for kids.
Create Sprinkle Rimmed Beverage Glasses
To make these fun Red, White, and Blue Sprinkle Rimmed Glasses for July 4th, you need:
1. Edible sprinkles in red, white and blue.
2. Karo syrup to rim the beverage glasses
3. A plate or bowl
4. Beverage glasses (as many as needed)
1. Gather everything together and add sprinkles to plate or bowl (mix sprinkles together for a rainbow of red, white and blue, or separate for various glasses with individual colors)
2. Rim glasses with karo syrup (it’s edible). I let it dry for about 5 minutes so it was tacky enough to hold the sprinkles without them sliding down.
3. Dip each glass into sprinkles and move around until rim is nicely covered. Set upright and let dry.
The sprinkles stay on very well (too well), so that when it’s times to remove them, you’ll have to turn them upside down to soak a bit and dissolve the sprinkles. Pop the glasses into the dishwasher with a Finish Quantum Power & Free® pod to get the karo syrup off and leave you with sparkling glasses.
Our summer days tend to filled with activities like finger painting, and our evenings making s’mores and other gooey, messy desserts. Anything covered in melted chocolate and marshmallows and sprinkles is bound to be a challenge to clean up, so I just pop all those dishes, craft cups, and more into the dishwasher, load it with a Finish Quantum Power & Free® pod and a squirt of Jet Dry Power & Free®, and hit start. Then I go spend more time with family, instead of scrubbing sprinkles off our drinking glasses.
It’s been a great summer so far and I love that I can just be with my family, and pass these summer nights together, instead of in the kitchen cleaning!
Win a $100 Visa Gift Card
For more than 60 years, people have chosen Finish® products to remove tough food stains, for sparkling clean dishes. Finish Power & Free® features less-harsh chemical formulas (vs. Finish® Quantum® base formula), without sacrificing the power of Finish results, so you can even use it for your baby’s dishes and
Let me know your messiest summer treat or craft that Finish Power & Free can help you with for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card…Clean It Forward! Winner will be chosen on July
19th…have a great summer!
Want to learn more about Power & Free products? Visit their site, follow them on facebook and youtube, and get dish cleaning tips from Finish’s dish washing experts here. You can find special offers and discounts as well so you can try it out.
Partnered post with Finish.