This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
One of my favorite holidays is coming up, a day of getting together with family and celebrating our thankfulness for so many things. It’s also the day my first son was born (he was our Thanksgiving Turkey many years back), giving the day that much more significance to me… a day that basically changed my life forever in the most wonderful way. Every so often his birthday will again fall on the rotating Thanksgiving Day holiday, and whether or not it does, the entire week becomes celebratory for us, and in addition to having fun, we eat a lot!
This year I promised myself that I would stop working late into the evenings, so I could save my time for them after school, both because I want to spend more time with my family unwinding each night, and also because they’ve been asking me to. We also started spending more time locally at farms and outdoor events, and recently went pumpkin picking. Well, my sons transformed into Mario and Luigi for the day (and informed me I was Princess Peach), and off we went, on hayrides and looking for the perfect pumpkins- some for them to decorate, and some for me to puree for my autumn pumpkin pie.
I love pumpkin pie so much. It’s such a delicious dessert that it’s a bit of a shame that it’s seasonal. I’ve been making it for years, and as time goes by I try to improve upon the recipe a bit to make it tastier, creamier, richer… better. I recently tried substituting plain old milk with International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer, and it definitely takes the flavor profile to another level with the flavored creamer adding in additional autumn spices. I think adding in International Delight makes pretty much all my recipes better ♥︎
So, without further ado, my Thanksgiving Day pumpkin pie recipe… enjoy it!
Easy Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
1 sweet dough crust
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
2 eggs yolks
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Carefully place sweet dough crust into a pie plate and fill out to edges. Let extra dough hang over the edge for now.
2. In a medium sized bowl, add in all of pumpkin puree and whisk in the eggs and egg yolks.
3. Whisk in the remaining ingredients in order listed – sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer- and stir until well mixed. Pour the entire filling into the pie crust.
4. Fold in the edge of the crust and flute with a fork or your fingers around the edge for a pretty design.
5. Bake pie at 350º F for one hour on the lower rack until filling is set (check to see if a toothpick comes out clean). Remove from heat, and let pie cool on rack, then put into the refrigerator overnight.
You can add some fun topping to the pie, like a cinnamon dusting or cookie cut outs in the shape of leaves. The pie tastes delicious with a cup of Pumpkin Pie Spice flavored coffee topped with whipped cream, a perfect autumn dessert to end a perfect evening.
So, how do you celebrate Thanksgiving Day? Find lots of other great recipes with International Delight coffee creamer here, and connect with International Delight on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for delicious and unique recipe ideas. Sign up for the newsletter for updates on new products and fun stuff.