Spring beauty is my favorite, because I love the natural enhancement of our beauty with fresh color that evokes blossoms and all that the season brings. My favorite beauty look is a clear complexion with pink cheeks and bristly lashes, a face that is youthful and appears flush with good health, and the clear warm weather of the spring is a perfect fit for it.
In collaboration with EcoTools® and Burt’s Bees®, I’m sharing my favorite Natural Spring Beauty tips that can enhance anyone’s natural beauty!
Spring Time Beauty Makeup Routine
1. Start with a clean face. Burt’s Bees® BB creams come in three shades that blend in to most skin tones to even out the skin: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. Apply it with EcoTools® Skin Perfecting Brush for the most flawless finish- it blends in beautifully with a slanted tip of soft, thick bristles. I use Burt’s Bees® BB Cream in the Light shade, and apply it mainly around the nose and mouth and eyes for an even complexions without redness. It can be layered if you need heavier coverage.
2. Eyebrows add shape and structure to a face, so I always fill them in with a matching brow pencil. I don’t wear eyeliner or eyeshadow much during the warmer seasons, especially during the day, so beautifully shaped brows add some definition to the top half of the face.
3. Blush in a natural color like pink or a peachy shade. I don’t know anyone who blushes in purple or orange, so skip anything that isn’t natural and pretty looking. Use EcoTools® Blending & Bronzing Brush to finish blending in the blush for a lovely flush of healthy color. If you have a round or oval face, brush it out toward the temples. For a longer face, focus just on the apples of the cheeks.
4. Lipstick in a vibrant and flattering color is always the #1 must-have makeup item for most women, and Burt’s Bees® lipsticks offer a range of rich colors. Some of my favorite new colors for the spring are Fuschia Flood, Blush Basin, and Brimming Berry for the day, and I recently became addicted to Lily Lake (the color I’m wearing in the images in this post) for date night… love it! I apply it with EcoTools® Lip/Lipliner Brush to precisely outline and fill-in my lips.
5. Mascara in black is very flirty, and I love long, bristly eyelashes, the inkier the better, and so I even wear black mascara during the day. For very fair women a brown might work better, and for the rest of us, black mascara! Even on the most natural, bare face, beautiful long lashes are gorgeous.
During the winter and in the evenings I may add some eyeshadow and eyeliner, but that is mainly to go out and to add more glamorous definition when needed. My daily face isn’t about glamour, it’s about fresh, natural, “is-she-wearing-any-makeup?” beauty that Burt’s Bees® BB Cream and a little blush and lipstick can create.
The products shown here are available in Walmart stores and on Walmart.com. Burt’s Bees® can be found in the Natural Beauty section in store and EcoTools® products (including the Day-to-Night Brush Set) are available in the Cosmetic Accessories section in store.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees® & EcoTools®. The opinions and text are all mine.