May is a month filled with parties for us… lots of birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations. We want to make sure everyone has a great time, so when we hold parties and get togethers at our home, we plan ahead and follow a few tips to always make sure everyone is entertained and enjoying themselves.
Be prepared to have more fun
Tips To Be Ready For A House Party
1. Host the fun in a place with room for everyone, and a back up plan so if the weather changes, the party goes on! If we plan our party in the backyard and get rained out, we have the rec room cleaned up and ready in advance to bring the party in, and lots of seating in close by storage so everyone can sit and relax.
2. Clean up! Put away everything personal, messy, or not relevant to the party so you have more space to put out the food, party items, coffee station, etc. If you are cooking right out of your kitchen, scrub it down and keep extra utensils and napkins easy for guests to find. Keep bathrooms super clean and stocked with extra rolls of paper and hand soap within easy view and reach.
3. Create beverage stations, like a coffee station or beverage station so guests can refuel and re-energize whenever they want, and as much as they want. Not only does it take some of the work off the hosts to keep everyone’s glasses full, but these stations become fun mingling areas where new people meet and old friends reunite and catch up.
4. Serve the food buffet style. Buffet-style eating is more festive and less formal, encourages mingling and moving around, and anyone can go back for second and thirds whenever they feel like it. We try to offer a variety of foods for different tastes- vegetarian options, carb-free choices, foods that are low in fat, etc. We set up dressings and toppings on the side to let our family and friends decide how much their food needs.
5. Make clean up easy (for guests and yourself). We use Glad® OdorShield® Gain™ Original Scent with Febreze® trash bags because they guarantee 5 days of odor control. We place the bags all around the yard, or keep them at stations in our home, because we don’t want guests wasting time searching for them (or worse, the sight of half eaten plates abandoned all over). They neutralize food odors while leaving being that awesome scent of Gain™.
We can entertain without ever thinking about double bagging the trash to keep the odors in- these do the job! There are multiple scent options, and now I know to recognize that familiar black tie on the white bag in my kitchen trash drawer- it means I can expects family and guests to enjoy the smell of freshness every time we open it. You can find out more info at Glad.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad. The opinions and text are all mine.