I made a delicious and easy breakfast using Johnsonville® as part of a #SausageFamily sponsored post for Socialstars.
I recently told my husband I’d be cooking him more meals with Johnsonville® brats, and he was thrilled. I think if there is anyone carnivorous in your home, especially if they love the flavor of grilling, they will appreciate the taste of a good Johnsonville® Brat, and my husband is no exception.
Obviously, for such a man, there is no better way to start Father’s Day than with a surprise breakfast in bed, and if that breakfast includes some bratwurst, particularly Johnsonville® Original smoky brats, well… it’s a great Father’s Day for him!
Johnsonville® is a delicious solution to meal-time planning that doesn’t take long to make. As someone who meal plans (and has started to hear “Not that AGAIN” lately at dinner time), it’s an great way to scrumptiously add variety to family meals that are just easy…so it’s a good day for me too.
My husband’s perfect BRATfast in bed for Father’s Day would be two breakfast sandwiches, a side of Johnsonville® brats, and some citrus fruit, so of course this is what we’ll be making him!
If you are looking for a great Breakfast in Bed idea, try out our way of making delicious breakfast sandwiches with Johnsonville® Smoked Brats.
Easy Father’s Day Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
2 breakfast muffins
2 Johnsonville® smoked brats
1 large or two small peppers
1. Grill brats over medium heat for about 7 minutes, turning every minutes or so.
2. While brats are grilling, dice a pepper (or if you are like me and love color, half of two different colored peppers), and toss the diced pepper onto the grill too for 2 minutes.
3. Remove cooked brats from grill and cut into small pieces, stirring together in a small bowl with grilled peppers.
4. Cook eggs as preferred (we love eggs over easy but scrambled or sunny side up are great options too).
5. While eggs cook, toast two breakfast muffins.
6. Add eggs and brats/pepper mix onto muffins for the perfect breakfast sandwich.
Serve on a breakfast platter with dad’s favorite side, a good cup of coffee, and a big kiss!
Johnsonville® products, like their Brats and Sausage, are incredibly full of flavor and perfect for summertime grilling…I’m looking forward to surprising my family with lots more easy meals this summer that are new on the family menu plan for the week…variety is good!
Call The Family Over With The Brat Signal!
Like Gotham City calling Batman with the bat signal, you can now let family and friends know when you got brats grilling with the Brat Signal! It’s an app that lets you announce your grilling party however you want- skywriting, an opera singer, the front page of the newspaper, etc- and where it’s happening, and calls them all in via your favorite social network, facebook or twitter!
So go ahead and turn on the grill, send out the call, and whoever is in the mood for a good brat from Johnsonville® can come on over! It’s geo-tagged, and it can help organize who brings what too!