Thanks to Ocean Spray for sponsoring this conversation to inspire parents to Master the Lunchbox
So what’s in your kids’ lunchboxes? My sons started school last week and part of the back to school routine for parents is preparing a delicious, nutritious and fun lunch for kids every morning. Mornings are busy enough, so we like to keep it as streamlined as possible to make our mornings more relaxed too.
We keep a stock of their favorite lunch items nearby to stock their lunchboxes with, so we can easily grab an Ocean Spray juice or a box of Craisins® Dried Cranberries to pop in and save time, knowing we are giving them nutritious foods they will love. Keeping easy to pack items it one way we became Lunchbox Masters…and here are some more of our tips!
5 Tips To Master The Lunchbox
1. Use containers that keeps everything separate and neat
2. Try to incorporate a little of all the food groups with easier to pack foods, like crackers, baby carrots, and Craisins®.
3. Make lunch look delicious with fun shapes and designs.
4. Don’t forget the vitamin-filled beverage!
We usually pack lunch with containers with multiple compartments, one being large enough for a sandwich on one side, because sandwiches are a perfect base for fun designs. We discovered that certain foods are ideal for creating a fun lunch…how about an apple slice for a mouth, Craisins® Greek Yogurt Dried Cranberries for eyes, and a sliced orange circle for the sun? You can make anything with a little creativity!
1. Most fruit wedges make great mouths
2. Craisins® Dried Cranberries or sliced black olive make eyes, buttons, dots
3. Baby carrots moonlight as arms, legs and noses
4. Cookie cutters can transform bread, sliced cheese, and cold cuts into fun shapes
5. Bread sticks are great tree limbs or antennas
*** I use a gourmet marker to safely draw on foods. They write on bread, cheese and Greek Yogurt Craisins® very well.
The cranberry’s bold taste, vibrant color and endless versatility make it the perfect addition to any lunch. Liven up your meals with a pop of color and flavor with Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries. And don’t forget to pack a drink! Try Ocean Spray® single serve juices and Sparkling juice drinks for a tasty and refreshing addition. Or new PACT® Cranberry Extract Water, which is the perfect hydration companion.
Win a Master Lunchbox Set!
Ready to become a #LunchboxMaster? By sharing your own lunchbox tips and tricks to Master The Lunchbox on Twitter with the hashtag #LunchboxMaster, you will be entered to win an Ocean Spray® Ultimate Master Lunchbox Set of your own to help you create masterful back-to-school lunches for your kids! Contest ends September 18th (visit OceanSpray.com for creative lunchbox-making inspiration!). Whether you are refueling a family of five or just yourself, Ocean Spray has tips, recipes and nutritious offerings that will help you become a lunchbox packing pro, like:
– Ocean Spray lunchbox and bag
– Craisins® Dried Cranberries + Fruit Clusters
– Milk Chocolate Covered + Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins® Dried Cranberries
– Ocean Spray Single-Serve Juice packs
– Sparkling Juice Drinks
– PACT® Cranberry Extract Water
– Recipe cards/tips to help you Master the Lunchbox
Ready? Go make an awesome lunch!