I love salad, and my husband loves steak, so a favorite family meal has been my Steak Tostada Salad Recipe, which offers us both what we love in one tasty meal. From the seasoned steak to the crispy tostada shell, everything is absolutely delicious, and the tostada shell also keeps everything neatly in one fun, edible bowl. This recipe is actually very easy to make… I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does!
Steak Tostada Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Fried Tostadas
4-6 large corn tortillas
1/4 cup peanut oil
Ingredients for Steak Salad
1 1/2 lbs flank or skirt steak
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 can black beans
2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
1 cup diced tomatoes
Vinaigrette (oil and vinegar to taste)
2 cups mixed greens
Directions to make tostada shells:
1. Pour peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Place corn tortillas one at a time in heated oil with tongs, and cook about one minute on each side (until air bubbles form- these will later flatten out).
3. Place on paper towels to drain tostadas (optional: use tongs to shape outer edges upward before cooling to make a tostada bowl).
Directions to make steak salad:
1. Season the steak with cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt and pepper. Brown in a skillet over olive oil for 5 minutes on each side for medium, or 6-7 minutes for medium well.
2. Remove from heat and cut into strips, put on the side.
3. Cook the black beans and put aside.
4. Mix the cilantro and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with salt, pepper, lime juice, oil and vinegar to taste.
5. Place mixed greens in each fried tostada, a layer of tomato mix on top, then a bean layer, and steak on top, divided evenly between the tostada shells, and serve each family member their own Steak Tostada Salad.
* Optional- serve guacamole, sour cream, or another delicious side with completed Steak Tostada Salad.
My family loves my Steak Tostada Salad recipe; it makes a great meal for dinner, is filling, and very tasty. You can substitute ground beef for the skirt steak if you choose, but we love the tender bites of juicy steak, and combinated with the vinaigrette and lime, it all works together really well. Bon appetit!