Sure, you have sneakers and boots and all those practical shoes, but every fashionable woman should also have some fun shoes (or at least have fun with her practical shoes), by getting boots and sandals that are awesomely pretty and stylish. There is a reason so many women are obsessed with shoes- they are gorgeous and fun! Even if you don’t have the budget for Carrie’s Manolo Blahnik addiction, you should at least have:
1. The Sexy Sling Back Because you might have a last minute girls night out or a spontaneous date. Every woman should have a beautiful pair of heels that are also feminine and sexy, allowing her to playfully dangle them while sitting with her legs crossed, or demurely totter about with a bit of her heel exposed (as well as an open toe in the warmer months).
2. The Professional Pump Whether you wear it to work or to a wake, every woman needs these somewhat conversative, confidence building shoes in her closet. The closed toe makes it work-appropriate, but the heel makes you feel awesome and in control, because everyone knows that heels put your bum on a pedestal and give your posture a sexy shape. We love the basic pump from Calvin Klein (in basic leather, textured, or patent), and paired with a pencil skirt, even this conservative shoe is transformed into hot.
3. Elegant Flats Whether the style is feminine ballet flats or cute loafers, a pair of pretty leather flats to go with your tapered pants or capris are a must. Very Audrey Hepburn, very comfortable, and very fashionable… just make sure you don’t wear them with anything flared! Now that this trend has returned in full force, there are so many ways to add flats to your shoe wardrobe to bring some color and variety, even if your wardrobe tends to be basic and monochromatic.
4. Stylish Sandals No beach flip flops here! I’m talking a pretty pair of sandals for dining at the restaurant on the beach, wearing with a pair of jeans and summery tunic, or completing a maxi dress ensemble. Stylish women need stylish shoes, and we love Fibi and Chloe sandals (only $49 a pair and embellished with rhinestones for a variety of simple, yet gorgeous styles).
5. Sleek Rainboots With slim jeans and cozy inserts, a great pair of rain boots will get you through the rainy, snowy and slushy months of autumn, winter and early spring looking ultra-cool. A neutral black or navy will go with almost everything, or get them in a bright color for a more fun look. We love Hunter and the equally flattering (but more affordable) Kamik rain boots; they flatter most women, keep you looking hot in the stormiest weather, and look good over fitted pants or on bare legs.
How about you, what are your must-have shoes?