Sure, you have sneakers and boots and all those practical shoes, but every fashionable woman should also have some fun shoes (or at least have fun with her practical shoes), by getting boots and sandals that are awesomely pretty and stylish. There is a reason so many women are obsessed with shoes- they are gorgeous and fun! Even if you don’t have the budget for Carrie’s Manolo Blahnik addiction, you should at least have:
1. The Sexy Sling Back Because you might have a last minute girls night out or a spontaneous date. Every woman should have a beautiful pair of heels that are also feminine and sexy, allowing her to playfully dangle them while sitting with her legs crossed, or demurely totter about with a bit of her heel exposed (as well as an open toe in the warmer months).
2. The Professional Pump Whether you wear it to work or to a wake, every woman needs these somewhat conversative, confidence building shoes in her closet. The closed toe makes it work-appropriate, but the heel makes you feel awesome and in control, because everyone knows that heels put your bum on a pedestal and give your posture a sexy shape. We love the basic pump from Calvin Klein (in basic leather, textured, or patent), and paired with a pencil skirt, even this conservative shoe is transformed into hot.
3. Elegant Flats Whether the style is feminine ballet flats or cute loafers, a pair of pretty leather flats to go with your tapered pants or capris are a must. Very Audrey Hepburn, very comfortable, and very fashionable… just make sure you don’t wear them with anything flared! Now that this trend has returned in full force, there are so many ways to add flats to your shoe wardrobe to bring some color and variety, even if your wardrobe tends to be basic and monochromatic.
4. Stylish Sandals No beach flip flops here! I’m talking a pretty pair of sandals for dining at the restaurant on the beach, wearing with a pair of jeans and summery tunic, or completing a maxi dress ensemble. Stylish women need stylish shoes, and we love Fibi and Chloe sandals (only $49 a pair and embellished with rhinestones for a variety of simple, yet gorgeous styles).
5. Sleek Rainboots With slim jeans and cozy inserts, a great pair of rain boots will get you through the rainy, snowy and slushy months of autumn, winter and early spring looking ultra-cool. A neutral black or navy will go with almost everything, or get them in a bright color for a more fun look. We love Hunter and the equally flattering (but more affordable) Kamik rain boots; they flatter most women, keep you looking hot in the stormiest weather, and look good over fitted pants or on bare legs.
How about you, what are your must-have shoes?
OHHH those flip flops are to die for love those.
Cute, cute, cute.
Cute shoes! My must haves include tennis shoes too. I know not stylish but I just can’t break my habit of throwing them on and running out the door.
I don’t have rain boots, but I have everything else!
In LOVE with the taupe flats — I love two-toned shoes like that.
I never cared for slingbacks for some odd reason, but I love pumps and ballet flats! Also, I’d love to get my hands on some Hunter boots. I need to buy a pair someday.
I’m all about color, because I wear so much black. So, for me RED heels and PURPLE heels are essential.
I have about 4 out of the 5, plus a million more I hardly ever wear, HA!
I’m all for the pumps 🙂
I realy need more shoes!!l
I cant stand wearing heels. I almost only wear flats.
great shoe ideas.
Im a sneaker and boots girl, I don’t really own anything else, those all look painful to me.
I agree but I’m pretty sure there’s atleast 1 more kind of shoe women should have. I wouldn’t wear any of those with jeans
You wouldn’t wear Hunter boots with jeans? I actually wear pumps with jeans, boots, and if the jeans are skinny jeans, ballet sandals too (but I like jeans, and I love high heels 😉 so no boundaries for me!)…I don’t wear jeans as much as I used to though.
My favorite shoes are my flip flops for around the house 🙂
Those flats are so cute!
Love the sandals!!
I agree with them all. But I’ll add a pair of tall black, calf hugging, boots (for the fall/winter), and a good pair of running/athletic shoes. Oh, and a good pair of hiking boots. I love shoes! 🙂
I love shoes!!! I must admit if given the choice, I’d probably be in flip flops all day!
My must have shoes are a nice pair of regular lace up shoes I can wear with jeans.
I like the boots.
I love all shoes! Just love them.
I love wearing stylish flip flops or sandals.
I have everything except the slingbacks. I cannot find a single pair that doesn’t give me blisters.
Flats and sandals I am good with, but I just can’t do heels.