Oil absorbing sheets (or oil blotting sheets) are a useful beauty product that can keep you looking polished and pretty all day long (especially during those hot summer months) by removing excess oil from your face without ruining or removing your makeup, so we love them. We just don’t love the price tag attached to those small packs of skin savers, so we figured, why not make our own homemade oil blotting sheets?
We decided to learn to make them ourselves (and share the super simple beauty tutorial with you)…we can all be pretty and save money together!
How To Make Homemade Oil Absorbing Sheets
What you need:
* Either rice paper or tissue paper (the type used in gift boxes and bags)
* Small container (that fits in your cosmetic bag)
For this beauty tutorial, I used tissue paper from Victoria’s Secret- I just find the pink stripes so pretty- but any tissue paper or rice paper works great for absorbing facial oil well without ruining makeup. I hear that protective toilet covers work well also.
1. Cut up tissue paper into small rectangles. Make about ten to twenty of these.
2. Place oil absorbing sheets into a small container that you can pop into your cosmetic bag or purse. I used the case from a deck of cards, but you can use anything you have available, such as a ziplock bag or cosmetic case.
3. Optional: make a pretty label for the case.
4. When your face starts to look a bit shiny, your skin becomes oily, or your makeup starts to melt, take one of your new homemade beauty sheets out and gently blot the oily area to absorb the oil…voila! Look fresh and pretty all day with flawless skin!
I hope you enjoyed our DIY homemade beauty tutorial! What tips do you have for great skin during the warm spring and summer months?