If you buy Altoids or Sucrets, you have candy tins lying around. There is an enormous amount of great ways to reuse candy tins, whether for practical uses, to save money, in crafts, and even science projects. Once I started collecting ideas, I couldn’t believe what people were suggesting (you can make a pocket flashlight out of an altoid tin!), and it made me realize how useful items in our homes we habitually toss are really very useful. Why not reuse candy tins and save money in some of the following ways:
Great Uses For Altoid Tins
1. Store all those SD discs from your cameras and computer that are scattered around
2. Create a makeshift coin purse (see below for ideas on making a candy tin pretty)
3. Store screws, nuts and bolts together
4. Mini sewing kit, perfect to take along and fix snags or loose buttons
5. Store bobby pins and barrettes
6. Hold loose keys
7. Keep birthday candles and matches together
8. Store small electronic devices that would benefit from the protection of a hard case
(especially while traveling)
9. Mini first aid kit that can be tossed into purse for emergencies, with some bandaids, antibiotic cream, and antiseptic wipes.
10. Collect business cards or store gift cards in one place
You can even make your Altoid mint tin beautiful by covering it in fabric or paper and making a beautiful storage tin…here are some I found online created by artistic and crafty folk:
Storing candy, cards, or coins in these beautiful tin box containers would be awesome!
photo credits: google images