Spring is here! I love that feeling you get when everything starts to thaw out after a very cold winter, and those glorious first rays of warm sunshine start peeking out to warm you up and fill you with a buzz of energy. You know the days will start growing longer and the birds will start singing soon. It’s glorious!
Spring is my favorite season, and brings with it all the things I love- spring dresses, going with the boys to the park, refreshing iced beverages, and so much more ♥︎
In honor of my favorite season finally making its grand return, and in honor of all the fun family moments we’ve been enjoying, I made a Sweet Cream Bread Pudding recipe with a golden baguette (I visit a local grocer every other day now to pick up fresh loaves) and International Delight® Sweet Cream creamer. I never made it before this year and now find myself making it often because it’s so easy and tasty. Here is my recipe for both a traditional oven and the slow cooker.
Sweet Cream Bread Pudding
2 cups International Delight® Sweet Cream creamer
2 tbs butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 medium sized baguette cut into 1 to 2 inch cubes
Directions for Sweet Cream Bread Pudding Recipe in oven
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Place bread into a baking dish.
3. Heat International Delight® Sweet Cream creamer and butter in a saucepan over very low heat until melted together, then whisk in eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Make sure to cover bread (push down on bread pieces if necessary to dip into pudding mixture).
4. Bake at 350º F for 45 minutes, and serve!
… and for those of you who love your slow cooker:
Directions for Sweet Cream Bread Pudding in slow cooker
1. Place bread in slow cooker
2. Mix International Delight® Sweet Cream creamer and butter in a saucepan over very low heat until melted together, then whisk in eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Stir with wooden stick until bread evenly coated.
3. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours and serve!
Create delight everywhere you go
One of my favorite quotes is from a novel, Toilers of the Sea by Victor Hugo:
“There is in this world no function more important than that of being charming. To shed joy around, to radiate happiness, to cast light upon dark days… is not this to render a service?”
These days my sons are older and doing so much more in school, and I feel so fortunate to be able to be there for all the school plays and projects and trips. I want to always find ways to encourage them, and to remind them I’m in their corner, cheering them on. Homemade goodies like Sweet Cream Bread Pudding is one way to fill the house with aromatic yumminess, spend time with them, and also give them something I know they will love… simply shedding joy around my house.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.