The end of the school year can be hectic, between class parties, final projects, and a decreased motivation to pack lunches and rush to school for half days when the weather is so beautiful outside. Summertime means slowing things down and simplifying our days, so now that the year is over, I am soooo looking forward to a summer of fun! The first major holiday on the list is Independence Day, and we love to celebrate the 4th of July with a bang! A culinary bang, that is 😉 Our French Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting are so delicious, they are fireworks all on their own.
I usually don’t bake anything fancy (I’m a busy mom) but my friend Candy said this was easy to make (she is a pastry chef) and gave me her steps, and she was right. It’s easy, and takes less than 15 minutes (another 20 to bake, and you are done!). We used International Delight French Vanilla creamer for both the cupcakes and the diving Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, making it deliciously sweet, and perfect for celebrating America’s birthday this Fourth of July 🎉
French Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 box white cake mix
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 cup International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
Red and Blue Food Coloring (gel color preferred)
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
2. Combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and 1 cup International Delight French Vanilla creamer in large bowl. Using a whisk or hand mixer, beat mixture for two minutes.
3. Separate batter into 3 bowls, set one bowl aside, then tint the other two bowls red and blue respectively.
4. Add the batter into the muffin tin cups one color at a time. Leave the batter as is for a layered effect, or use a butter knife to gently swirl the batter for a marble effect if desired.
5. Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely.
6. To make frosting, mix together butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer for about two minutes. When mixture starts to clump and thicken, add the International Delight French Vanilla Creamer to thin out. Mix an additional two minutes until the frosting reaches your desired consistency. For a thinner frosting, add more International Delight creamer one tablespoon at a time.
7. Decorate your cupcakes for the 4th with frosting and toppings you choose, and enjoy!
It’s so simple to add your favorite flavors to your favorite desserts (like cakes and cupcakes) with the variety of International Delight coffee creamer flavor options available- they fit into almost any recipe perfectly. You can just whip these up any time for a sweet way to celebrate summer, and one of our favorite holidays- Independence Day!
Looking for more great recipes with International Delight coffee creamer? Follow International Delight on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fabulous and unique recipe ideas, and sign up for the newsletter for updates, new products, and more. Have a Happy 4th of July!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.