Valentine’s Day last month put me in mind of how to have more fun date nights at home, so I’ve been creating some recipes that would be wonderful for a romantic date night while staying in. Obviously these treats would also be great for anniversaries, birthdays, or any time you want something particularly delicious, yet still easy and homemade. With spicy cinnamon, chewy sweet banana, buttery walnuts, and rich creamy cheese, my Banana Walnuts Mini Cheesecakes Recipe was a perfect choice for Valentine’s Day at home.
All the ingredients are natural, and I use dried banana slices because they are deliciously chewy and textured, and already prepared. Having this ingredient makes this recipe quick and easy so I have more time to do fun things to do on Valentine’s Day. Another big plus to this dessert? The heavenly smell of baking brown sugar and banana filling your kitchen while these yummy Banana Walnut Cheesecakes bake- yum!
Banana Walnut Mini Cheesecakes For Two
makes two mini cheesecakes (double recipe to serve four)
– 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (for crust)
– 1/4 cup melted butter
For cheesecake filling:
– 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
– 1 large organic egg
– 1/3 cup raw sugar
– 1 tbs crushed walnuts
– 1/4 tsp vanilla
– crushed walnuts and dried bananas
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together in a bowl with a wooden spoon until well mixed, then use batter to coat bottom of each cocotte for bottom crust
3. Beat cream cheese, egg, brown sugar and vanilla together in a bowl and pour batter over crust into each cocotte until 2/3 full (I also added some crushed walnuts to the batter but this is optional).
4. Top each cocotte with a layer of chopped bananas and crushed walnuts.
5. Bake at 325º F for 40 minutes.
When I spread the chopped toppings on top, I also added a few whole pieces of chewy banana slices. I love that this recipe is so incredibly easy, yet you can make it at home with healthy ingredients that are natural and nourishing. You can find more healthy snack alternatives from your family’s snack pantry.