Child Passenger Safety Week is Sept. 16-22 this year, and Britax is spreading the word on how to keep our most precious treasures safe, including sponsoring a Red CARpet event for parent celebrities (hosted by Ali Landry, who became a certified child passenger safety technician in 2010 when she learned that 75 percent of car seats are used incorrectly).
Through the combined initiatives of BRITAX, Safe Kids and Landry, parents at the Red CARpet event were taught that accidents can come from any direction and that their car seats should feature the latest safety technologies, be easy to use, and provide children with 360 degrees of protection.
Each year, thousands of children are tragically injured and killed in motor vehicle crashes. In fact, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children ages 1-13. The reason? Most parents and caregivers don’t understand how car seats work and are not familiar with the milestones a child must reach before he or she can be safely transitioned to the next car seat type or seat belt.
The National Highway Safety Transportation Administration is aiming to increase awareness during Child Passenger Safety Week by educating parents and caregivers about this issue and motivate those who think they are securing their child properly to seek help, even if they’re sure their child is correctly restrained.
National Seat Check Saturday is September 22, 2012. Click here to find a car seat inspection station.
Britax is premiering a new line of even more secure and protective car seats in their G3 Convertible Car Seats, providing 360 degree protection for children in the event of an accident.
This is the Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat in Onyx:
The Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible car seat is an incredibly protective car seat with safety features you can see, such as the HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology, multiple layers of Side Impact Protection, a base with SafeCell Technology that is designed to compress in a crash, a two-point energy absorbing Versa-Tether, and Integrated Steel Bars to strengthen and stabilize the car seat.
Main Features of the Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat At A Glance:
- HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology ensure proper positioning and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position to prevent child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- True Side Impact Protection provide deep, extensive, multi-layer energy-absorbing EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body
- Base with SafeCell Technology compresses in a crash, counteracting the forward rotation of child seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen connection to vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether to slow forward movement in a crash, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to divert crash forces away from your child and provide extra protection for the adjacent passenger
- Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator provides audible assurance when the harness is appropriately snug
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Safety Harness
- 70-pound Weight Capacity
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline
- High density comfort foam and easy to remove cover for easy cleaning
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
The HUGS chest pads and EZ-Buckle system are new features that add additional protection and convenience to an already amazing car seat, and if you are currently shopping for a car seat for your own children, Britax offers a Registry Rewards Program in which anyone who receives or purchases one eligible Britax product in each of the following categories: Strollers, Car Seats, Baby Carriers, Large Accessory and Small Accessory, can receive a free BOULEVARD 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat. Click here for details.
We received the Britax Advocate 70-G3 car seat for the purpose of review. All opinions are 100% our own.
Red CARpet event photos credit: Noah Graham photography
Looks like a great event and Britax car seats are the way to go.
I think every parent should have their child’s car set checked.
I love the fact that you can get your car set checked.
We are a britax family too!
We are a Britax family as well.
We were a Britax family too!
I love Britax! It’s the only car seat I will use. The event looks like it was awesome!
I love that they are offering this service. No many of us mom’s don’t know if we are or aren’t using the car seats properly.
It looks like a great car seat!
Wow looks like a really great car seat!
My nephew rocks his Britax car seat and since TODAY is National Seat Check Saturday, I’m going to text my sister and have her take the car in for a seat inspection. Thank you for sharing!
Looks like a great car seat!
Sounds like a really good car seat!
I’m getting the Advocate as well for my daughter and so glad they came out with this new technology!
I’m pretty impressed with all the features in place to help keep the seat from going forward if in an accident.