Baking is lots of fun, especially since you get to eat the fruits of your labor. One of our favorite holiday desserts is Cream Cheese Muffins. I make these every fall around Thanksgiving time and offer them in a basket as a host gift, or to guests for snacks. They are airy and delicious and full of rich flavor!
Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then whisk in the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir cream cheese mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups about 1/2 full (will rise while baking).
5. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
This recipe makes about two dozen yummy cheesecake muffins.