Applying foundation has the ability to make a woman look like she has clear, beautiful skin. It can cover up blemishes, blotchy, uneven skin tones, lighten dark undereye circles, and (in expert hands) even alter the appearance of a face by playing with shadows and highlights. In essence, it makes sense to learn to how to apply foundation, because along with lipstick and mascara, can make a woman look like a natural beauty in minutes.
How To Pick The Best Foundation For Your Skin
1. Figure out if you are cool toned (pink undertones in skin) or warm toned (yellow undertones). Most people are warm toned.
2. Decide if you need your foundation to do anything extra:
* If you have dry skin, pick a moisturizing formula.
* If you are prone to acne, it should be oil-free.
* If you freckle or tend to develop spots from sun exposure, choose a foundation with sunblock.
3. Visit a makeup counter or store, and find the company and line that offers the features you are looking for in step 2.
4. Try on the three shades that closely match your general skin color (light, medium, dark-toned) in that foundation line. Apply a streak of each to your jawline, as shown in picture, and leave it on for approximately one minute.
5. After the time passes, check and see which shade is no longer visible on your skin; check outdoors in natural light. The one that disappears on your skin is the shade for you. You should never be able to tell you are wearing foundation, only that you have gorgeous skin. If you can see it, start step 4 again with three other shades.
* If you are in between shades, pick the darker shade for a more natural look. The lighter shade will look chalky on your skin.
* If the shade is too pink, you need a warmer tone (a yellow based foundation) and vice versa.
6. If you get a tan, or if you bought foundation when you had a tan, buy a new shade when your skin color changes so that applying foundation, it always matches your current skin tone and never looks like a mask- if you picked the right color, you should not be able to tell you are wearing any.
How To Apply Foundation
1. Start with a clean, freshly washed face.
2. If you use moisturizers or facial creams, apply them first and allow 15 minutes to pass.
3. Dot foundation along your forehead, nose, and chin. If you have undereye circles or red/uneven coloring on your cheeks or around your nostrils and mouth, dot some foundation here too.
4. Blend in well with short, quick strokes, sweeping away from the t-zone and down toward the edge of your face.
If your foundation is noticeable, you are using the wrong color. If it cakes, you are using the wrong formula for your skin (or too much). It may help to apply foundation with a makeup sponge to prevent overdoing it. The goal of foundation is to match your skin color, not to change it, and to give your skin as flawless an appearance as possible.
Most foundation can cover up spots, blemishes, discolorations, and undereye circles, but if it is unable to fully do this, you may need to break out the heavy artillery (concealer)!
Thanks for visiting my beauty blog. Hope you enjoyed these beauty tips for how to apply foundation and pick the right shade for you!