I obviously love updos (as a mom with an active son, hair away from my face is a great thing, and updos and buns are just so pretty). Here is another pretty updo bun hairstyle tutorial featuring one of my favorite hair styles, the twisted bun hairstyle to the side, a hairstyle that also looks great for bridesmaids or for an evening out because of how sophisticated and simple it looks. Just add some sparkly earrings and an elegant dress and you are ready for a lovely evening out!
How To Create the Twisted Updo Bun Hairstyle To The Side Tutorial
1. Start with hair down and loose. This will work with all hair types, but hair should be combed through whether straight or curly.
2. At bottom corner (easier to start from left if you are right-handed) start twisting hair upward and inward close to nape of neck.
3. Continue on toward other side of neck, and pin twisted hair in place. Turn up and around and start twisting hair back toward the original start side.
4. Create a figure eight with twisted hair and pin in place.
5. For an evening out, a flower pinned by the twisted bun and some loose tendrils around the face make for a softer, prettier look that is also dressier. A narrow, glittery headband placed lightly on top (don’t brush hair back with headband) or a sparkly barrette used to fasten the twisted bun in place are also great options.
Some beautiful hair accessory ideas to go with the twisted updo bun hairstyle: