I’m a veggie-lover. Just one look inside my pantry or fridge will prove this, and we definitely have days where we don’t eat any meat (every Wednesday and Friday, in fact- I meal plan those days to be meatless). #MeatlessMonday is another popular day for those that are health conscious to try to cut dairy and meat from their diets, and we are all for it!
Luckily, it is easy to go meatless and revel in a good vegetable soup with the new line of Good Natured Soups from Progresso™, and these are really, really good! They also contain no genetically-modified ingredients, preservatives and colors from artificial sources, or artificial colors and provide 3/4 cup of veggies per serving.
Good Natured Soups make it so easy to add more veggies to our diets, especially now when the best vegetables are available during fall harvest. Let’s make the most of it and enjoy them before the season is over.
For fun, here are some crazy ways I’ve tried sneaking more veggies into my diet in the past, as well as some good ways, and why it’s much, much better to eat them in an amazingly delicious soup like Good Natured Soups).
1. Baked in a muffin- most baked treats aren’t meant to be vegetable-y
2. In smoothies- carrot juice is good, but the green stuff? Not tasty juiced.
3. Chopped up and added to soups- delicious, but time consuming (which is why Good Natured Soups rock!!)
4. On a pizza- sure, the pizza is high in calories, but at least the veggies make it less of a guilty pleasure
5. Raw, with olive oil and salt (don’t judge me, but I love this and I’m time crunched)
6. In a salad- of course! Also time consuming though, so again –> Good Natured Soup
7. In pasta- some people like it, I don’t at all. Broccoli or peas in my pasta just doesn’t work for me.
However you can get them in, veggies are awesome and we now have vegetables comprising about 25-30% of what we eat. Good Natured Soups are an excellent way to get them! (my personal favorite is Hearty Tomato with Spinach and Roasted Garlic)
Like them (love them!) on their facebook page and enjoy a good, heart, vegetable soup.
Get a coupon to try it out here –> Save $1 on Good Natured Soups
Good Natured Soups are available nationally in the soup aisle for about $3.29 per 17-ounce Tetrapak carton, and there are about two servings in each carton. Good Natured Soups are available in three hearty vegetable soup flavors, Hearty Corn and Chipotle Chowder, Hearty Tomato with Spinach and Roasted Garlic, and Hearty Lentil with Garden Vegetables and they offer ¾ cups of vegetables per serving. Good Natured Soups are all vegan!
Win a Good Natured Soup gift basket
Try the soups out yourself! Enter to win a $25 Good Natured Soup gift basket. To enter, tell me some of the crazy ways you get veggies in your diet, favorite soup pairings, or what you do on meatless Monday.
Ends 10/31, US 18+ only. Good luck!
This post is sponsored by General Mills but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.