You love your wife, she does it all for you, and you don’t think you could ever show her how much she means to you. You want to surprise your wife and make her happy, let her know how much she means to you and how important she is in your life. Maybe you want to spice up your relationship and bring the romance back. Whatever the reason, here are some unique ideas to let the love of your life know how much you value and cherish her.
10 Awesome Ways To Surprise Your Wife
1. Name a Star after her. You can choose a star that hasn’t been named yet at the International Star Registry and name it for whomever you choose. Select a beautiful name like Penelope’s Heart or Mariana’s Paradise, and present her with a framed certificate declaring that an eternal cosmic creation will always bear her name. You’ll be showing her that your love is eternal.
2. Send her flowers every month on the day of your anniversary- show her you celebrate your love through out the year. Find out her favorite flower, and have it delivered to wherever she will be on that day, for a full year. If she just had your baby, send her flowers each month for a year on the day she gave birth.
3. Every Friday, have a date night, and when you can’t take her out, at least take her into the backyard. Have a romantic, candlelight dinner under the stars. Spread out a blanket, lay out a delicious meal (that she didn’t have to cook), pour some wine, and snuggle.
4. Have a dinner with all your friends in her honor. Toast her and tell her in front of your closest friends what she means to you and how much you love her. If you’ve been on the outs lately, this is also a very good way to get things back on track, by publicly declaring your love and devotion to her. You are making others see you as a strong, united couple that appreciate each other.
5. Write the story of how you met, your courtship, and how you proposed. Have it printed and bound with a beautiful cover, and give it to her wrapped and with a ribbon. Tell her your life began the day you met.
6. Do things she likes together. If that means going to a museum, watching a musical, or taking a cooking class, do it. You are spending time with her, which is what counts, and she will appreciate it more than you know. You may actually even have a great time.
7. Take your best, most beautiful photos together, pictures of your family with your children, and put the photos on a dvd with her favorite love songs or music in the background. She can rewatch her virtual photo album whenever she wants and remember that you did this for her.
8. Shock her by giving in to a whim. If she says she’d love some bruschetta at an Italian restaurant an hour away, tell her to get ready to go. If she says she’d love a pair of earrings, buy them for her secretly and surprise her with them that night- no special occasion necessary. Do this once in a while. She will think you are spontaneous and romantic and incredible, and start bragging about you.
9. Plan a romantic all day date in your city, doing all the romantic, chivalrous things newlyweds on a honeymoon would do- ride on a horse-drawn carriage, stroll hand in hand down the street, stop to listen to park concerts, buy her flowers when you pass a flower shop. Take her to a great restaurant and focus on the appetizers, dessert and wine. Stay out late together.
10. Throw your jacket on the floor for her, old-movie style. If it rained out, and you are heading out somewhere, put on your not-best-and-can-be-dry-cleaned jacket, and make a show of tossing it over a puddle so she can walk over it without wetting her tootsies. She’ll be stunned (maybe for a few days), and every guy in the world will think you are a total cornball who lost his mind, but you will have made her laugh, and sometimes having a crazy guy who makes you laugh is the perfect gift in itself.
Here are the Happy Marriage meme rules:
1. You can not be mean to your spouse, speak harshly to or criticize your spouse, neglect your spouse, roll your eyes at your spouse, or in any way interact negatively with your spouse, from sun up ’til sun down.
2. You must greet your spouse sweetly, with a smile and kisses hello and goodbye, and ask about his or her day. You must listen to their answer before interrupting or talking about yourself.
3. Don’t badmouth your spouse today, to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
Great tips! Thanks for posting this.
Except for the surprise one, these are all great tips! I hate surprises!
Those are some great tips!
And like Liz, I hate surprises…I know, I’m weird.
I love these! My husband had a DVD made for me once with memorable photos, it meant the world to me. He does little surprises as well. Makes me smile every time!
These are all great ideas! I love surprises but if I know a surprise is coming I always try to guess. Little things definitely make a big impact!
I’m not married but I like #3 best. Schedule a date night every week. Seems like the best idea of them all.
Very good ideas, now my hubby just has to see this post 🙂
I know I would be thrilled if my husband did any of this for me! Popped in to say hi from quirky pickings!
I love the naming a star. My cousin did that for his wife.
Love this post. My husband and I are always trying to do things to surprise each other. Our kids are 26, 23 and 20 all almost out of the house so we really want this new chapter to be sort of fresh 🙂
SUCH a great list!
So romantic…wife is very lucky if she got all of these things from her husband.
Wonderful tip, after 17 years of marriage my husband never surprises me much 🙂
You don’t look old enough to have kids those ages, lol.