Wake up with a beauty emergency? Here are some beauty remedies at home, amazing beauty tricks for quick skin fixes to help you be beautiful with products you already have at home in your medicine cabinet. Never stress about a beauty emergency again!
1. How To Get Rid Of A Zit Wake up with a big pimple? One of the most popular at home beauty remedies for this is to apply a light dab of toothpaste to a zit for about an hour to dry it out. Don’t use gel (does’t work) and don’t leave it on too long (you don’t want it to damage the healthy skin underneath; toothpaste left on the skin a long time can cause a scar, so ignore beauty magazines that tell you to leave it on overnight).
To reduce the size of a big pimple, applying a hemorrhoid cream will help shrink the size of a zit (not that you have this in your medicine cabinet 🙂 ). To reduce the redness of a zit, Visine or a similar redness reducing eyedrop takes the red out of the pimple as well.
2. Heal A Bruise Fast Once you bump yourself and realize a bruise is imminent, apply ice to the affected area for ten minutes to reduce the size of the bruise. Applying ice again every six hours for ten minutes until the bruise is gone will help speed up the recovery process.
3. Remove A Cold Sore One of the more uncomfortable at home beauty remedies, but rubbing an open lemon on a cold sore will help it to scab up and heal faster. Soften the cold sore with a wet soak first, then lightly apply the lemon. Once it starts to feel itchy, the acid from the lemon has made contact.
4. Heal A Sunburn Fast Take a 200mg ibuprofen (as long as you are not allergic to it or have any contraindications) every six hours to reduce the inflammatory process that is causing your skin to turn and stay red. Take a cool shower to heal a sunburn faster as well (helps cool inflamed skin).
5. Reduce Puffy Eyes Apply an ice pack to puffy area around eyes (wrap the ice pack in a cloth and avoid eyes) or apply a caffeinated tea bag dipped in cold water to each eye and leave on for about ten minutes. The caffeine and the cold water in the tea bags helps reduce swelling and puffiness around eyes.
I hope you find these beauty remedies useful for your own beauty emergencies…so tell me, what beauty remedies do you use at home?