The autumn is a beautiful time of year in New York City. The leaves are changing colors, the air is crisp, and everywhere vibrant pumpkins and shades of red and gold decorate homes and stores, ready for the upcoming holidays. Autumn is also a time of year where beauty routines need to change, because the sun and the atmosphere are different, and have different effects on our hair and skin. The fall beauty needs a fall beauty routine.
My summer beauty routine includes lots of sun block and anti-frizz hair care products for all those sunny, humid days. Once the months become cooler, I change my daily beauty routine to match the new fall climate.
Fall Beauty Tips– Fall In Love With Your Skin
1. The autumn months air tends to be a bit dryer, so I moisturize daily with an oil-free moisturizer that contains sunscreen. This helps keep my skin hydrated and younger looking, and reduce that tight feelings that results from the drier air. Moisturizing daily is one of the best beauty tips I can recommend.
2. I change my makeup colors to suit my lighter autumn skin tones. During the summer my skin is a bit more tanned and rosy from the sun, so I wear much less makeup. During the autumn my skin is paler so I add a bit of color with some blush and a pretty colored lipstick that makes me look flush with great health. I choose makeup that is hypoallergenic, and moisturizing when available, such as a creamy lipstick, blush creme, or liquid foundation. Powders don’t work for me during the drier months, and a bit more color makes for a lovely fall beauty.
3. My fall beauty routine includes taking better care of my hair, which can dry out and get split ends from the dry, windy air if I don’t moisturize it a few times a week with a great conditioner. At least once a week I also use a deep conditioner, and if the weather makes me feel particularly parched, I also use a light leave-in conditioner to give my thirsty hair some extra flexibility and resilience.
4. When the fall season is here, our hair and skin colors change in response to the lack of sun (no more sun-lightened hair highlights or bronzed cheeks) so I also wear different clothes for my clothing. My apparel is now earthier, more muted, and similar to the gorgeous gold, red, brown, green and orange shades I see everywhere. It helps make skin glow to wear flattering colors in beautiful shades.
5. I eat well and drink lots of water to keep my skin hydrated and clear. Drinking a lot of water daily clears on toxins from the body, which can result in breakouts if you don’t take care of yourself. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies so I look energized and my skin gets the vitamins it needs. Fresh, uncooked fruits and vegetables are best.
What are your fall beauty tips?