This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BUSH’S Beans. The opinions and text are all mine.
Back to school time is the busiest time of year, so anything that saves time is an asset for me. Since we also love home-cooked meals for dinner, and I still want to cook at home, I just look for easier ways to make nutritious, delicious meals on a time crunch. One pot meals save time with clean up and let me get everything we need (almost every food group) into one pot, so I always loved them and incorporate them into my meal planning every fall.
Today I’m sharing a favorite one pot meal that is incredibly delicious, and a hit with kids. It’s perfect for back-to-school time: my One Pot Dirty Rice and Beans with Smoked Sausage.
One Pot Dirty Rice and Beans with Smoked Sausage
2 cups brown rice
1 lb. smoked sausage
½ cup celery, finely chopped
½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2 cans BUSH’S Seasoned Recipe Black Beans (do not rinse or drain)
1 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbs cajun seasoning
1 tbs garlic powder
½ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
1. Cook brown rice as per package instructions and drain.
2. Cut sausage into round slices of about 1/3 inch wide, and sear sausage slices on the oiled, heated bottom of the pot until pieces have a nice sear- usually 5 to 7 minutes, turning several times.
3. Add celery, pepper, and onion to pot and sauté everything together for 2 minutes.
4. Add beans, parsley, cooked rice, cajun seasoning and garlic powder, and water to pot. Stir to combine and cook on medium-high heat until liquid is absorbed (about 4 to 5 minutes). Stir continuously.
5. Remove pot from heat, let cool, and serve to your family to enjoy!
This recipe is filled with flavors and takes less than 30 minutes to make, including prep time- a huge time saver on school nights!
BUSH’S has 40 varieties of beans, so you can try difference flavors all year long, and all week long. So many recipes are better with beans, so why not mix it up and make every dinner a wonderful surprise for your family? And don’t short change your best dishes by buying just any beans- always use BUSH’S Beans! BUSH’S offers vegetarian options, organic, reduced sodium, and of course all their deliciously flavored and seasoned varieties. My pantry is stocked with it, and we enjoy it in meals at least a few times each week. BUSH’S Beans makes dinners more hearty and delicious ♥︎
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bush Brothers & Company. The opinions and text are all mine.