Have you had enough of the cold yet? Me too, and a fun getaway with the family to Kalahari Resorts & Conventions is exactly what I have in mind. It has everything to keep us entertained (and warm) with everything under one roof, including both wet and dry adventures and activities for everyone like
There are three Kalahari Resorts, and the one closest to me is in the Pocono Mountains (lately we seem to head there at least once a year- love the Poconos!), close enough that we can drive. They have Pennsylvania’s largest indoor waterpark, a family entertainment center, Gorilla Grove Tree-Top Adventures, Spa Kalahari and three-on-site restaurants, and are expanding their indoor waterpark so that as of March 2017, it will be the largest in America!
The expanded waterpark will have 8 exciting slides, a wavepool, an island cabana, and more… so much fun! Family resorts that make sure everyone is having fun are the best, and Kalahari Resorts seems like one of the best family vacations in PA ideas, and even among the best East Coast family getaways.
I plan to spend lots of time at their luxury spa- I need some pampering myself! There is something for everyone, and a great way for anyone on the East coast to just get a break, hop in the car, and head to someplace incredibly fun.
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions’ Poconos Mountains is also adding more beautifully appointed rooms , allowing big groups to visit (think family reunions), and their on-site restaurants look phenomenal. Double Cut – Kalahari’s signature steakhouse experience- looks great, Sortino’s Italian Kitchen is ideal for when you want Italian, and Marrakesh Market rounds the group out.
For some extra fun, there is also a swim-up bar (like in the movies), a lazy river (love these! I walk them while the kids float), a virtual reality experience in the renovated family entertainment center called The Arena, the Gorilla Grove Treetop Outdoor Aerial Adventure Park (I always wanted to do this, I have it on my bucket list), and the Kalahari Fitness and Training Center to stay in tip top shape.
You know the slides will be fun with names like these:
1. Screaming Hyena: A trap-door start that drops into a near-vertical plunge at up to 25 mph (that sounds scary!!)
2. Sahara Sidewinder: An indoor looping waterslide that takes guests on a 250-plus-foot journey
3. “The Smoke That Thunders” and 4. Victoria Falls, which are named after the natural wonder of the world located in southern Africa- have a totally unforgettable waterslide experience on these!
5. Kenya’s Korkscrew, a zig-zag slide that sounds dizzyingly fun
6. Zig-Zag Zebra- a tunnel slide
7. Cheetah Race Mat Slide- offers a chance to challenge your friends to see who gets down the hill fastest!
8. Elephant’s Trunk, which sounds pretty interesting and makes me curious!
and the wavepool is called Dungeons of Hout Bay- sounds like an adventure in itself! There is a kids play area, Coral Cove, and so much more that will make the dreariness of a cold, bitter winter melt away in the fun and excitement of an excitement-filled getaway!
Ready to plan it? Visit here for info.
This is a sponsored posts. Opinions are 100% my own.