The end of the school year is near, and the long days of summer are just as close. I can’t wait to be able to sleep in on those drowsy, hot mornings and wake up late in time to enjoy a simple breakfast of fresh fruit and some flavored coffee, before heading out for a midday of outdoor fun with the boys and my visiting friends.
Of course, at the end of those hot days (and during), we need some cooling off, and we are huge fans of coconut flavored anything in this house. Fresh coconut especially, shaved from a delicious ripe coconut and onto and into some of our favorite treats and beverages. We recently tried making Coconut Cream Freezer Pops with International Delight Almond Joy coffee creamer, fresh coconut, and chocolate, and it was so utterly fabulous that we want to make it all the time! The Almond Joy flavor of the coffee creamer was the perfect ingredient for these freezer pops, because it already has that deliciously creamy coconut flavor, milk chocolate, and a toasted almond layer to enhance it, and well, they were divine. They were pretty too after we dipped some into chocolate and drizzled chocolate onto others (but they can melt fast on a hot day, so we had to work quickly). They were fun to make, and eat!
Coconut Cream Freezer Pops (aka Almond Joy Freezer Pops)
(recipe serves 4)
6 oz. Almond Joy coffee creamer
6 oz. heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tbps agave nectar for sweetener
⅓ cup flaked coconut
For chocolate drizzle
4 oz. dark chocolate (I used chips to make it easier to melt)
2 tbps coconut oil
1. Mix the International Delight Almond Joy creamer, heavy cream, vanilla, agave, and coconut together in a container with a pour spout.
2. Pour into freezer molds. For traditional molds, freeze for 3 hours, remove pops and place on a sheet pan lined with wax paper. Return pops to freezer.
3. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds minutes at high, and mix together well.
4. Pull out each freezer pop one at a time and hold it over the chocolate to drizzle the chocolate mix on the pops, or dip in. Return freezer pops to freezer for another hour.
5. When ready to eat, let the pops sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes before serving.
Get ready for a great summer!
We have lots planned this summer, and I’ll be sharing it all here. We plan to enjoy the warm weather, and do whatever we have to cool off and keep going to make the most out of every wonderful summer day- the season is too short in New York! We’ll be sharing more fun recipes over the summer to help you stay cool too, so check back to see what we are up to – our adventures are starting with a night where we sleep with the fishes! (ok, not really, but we will be sleeping with penguins, and that is even cooler and less mafia-scary sounding).
Looking for more great recipes with International Delight coffee creamer? Follow International Delight on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fabulous and unique recipe ideas, and sign up for the newsletter for updates, coupons, new product releases, and more. And of course, check back here soon!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.