The weather has gotten very cool, and my favorite thing to do these days is to cuddle up with a hot beverage and a good book. The first day of autumn passed recently, and now my thoughts are turning to fun fall activities and planning for the holidays.
International Delight is offering new seasonal flavors of Chocolate Hazelnut and Salted Caramel Mocha for a limited time, which is a great way to make my daily cups of coffee more interesting, and of course they still have all the usual perennial favorites that line my counter, like Cinnabon and White Chocolate Raspberry.
Between a new exercise regimen and keeping up with my own work and the boys’ school projects and homework, I’ve been reading up on how to be a great mom to boys (it turns out there is a manual on parenting- a bunch of them and I’m reading them all 😉). I need a little more fun to add to the mix, so I’ve been trying out new things lately that I’m going to share to inspire you to keep the fun in the everyday too ♥.
8 Fun Ways To Spend Autumn Days
1. Go for a long walk while listening to a great audiobook. It’s great exercise, the crisp air is invigorating, and I’m catching up on books I’ve been wanting to read forever.
2. Update your wardrobe with a couple of cooler weather pieces that are very flattering, like a light cashmere sweater in your favorite color. Gradually adding in key pieces is a better way to makeover your closet than a complete overhaul, and keeps you from wastefully going overboard on a short-lasting trend.
3. Start planning your home-gating parties! Football fans love to nosh while cheering on their favorite teams, so make sure to have great appetizers.
4. Try a new recipe, preferably one that keeps everyone feeling toasty. Good comfort foods are awesome in the autumn, so think slow cooker chilis, soups with seasonal flavors, etc.
5. Declutter! Everyone spring cleans, but why only clean out the cobwebs once a year? Reminder: when you hit the coat closet, a lot of coat drives take place this time of year and would love your like-new, no-longer-needed/no-longer-fitting coats ♥ You’ll have a cleaner house and feel great too.
6. Make it fun for everyone to wake up on those chilly mornings they’d rather stay in bed. Have a kitchen coffee drive thru set up in the kitchen with delicious breakfast muffins next to them, a delicious way to start the day!
7. Have a date night with your spouse, and reconnect now that the days are shorter and you spend more time indoors together, or with these ideas for fun dates when it’s cold.
8. Start planning ahead for the holidays! Compile great baked treats recipes to make with your kids, and stay tuned for a free Advent printable with 25 great ways to count down to Christmas.
Join the coffee club! Subscribe to International Delight for updates, the latest news and recipe ideas, coupons, and more. Connect with International Delight on facebook, twitter, pinterest, and instagram (or pick your fave ways to stay friends) for all your coffee inspiration.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.