This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mazola Corn Oil. All opinions are my own.
It’s been a month of cookouts every weekend, and during the summer we enjoy lighter fare that matches the wonderful warm weather. We have been enjoying a lot of new and different recipes, but the one thing that’s been consistent across the board is our love of grilling with natural charcoal briquettes (I never realized that an old-fashioned charcoal grill is what gave that delicious smoky flavor), and using Mazola® corn oil for a better-for-you take on our favorite dishes.
A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology found that corn oil helps lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. In fact, corn oil has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other cooking oils, and almost four times more than olive oil. It has a high smoke point, making it a great all-purpose cooking oil you can use for everything from sautéing, grilling, and even baking. Mazola Corn Oil has a neutral flavor, so it brings out the flavors of the other ingredients without taking over…foods that naturally taste good will still taste good.
We cook all sorts of meat, but lately, I am eating lots of grilled chicken. It’s delicious, better for you, filling, and divinely versatile. I found a recipe for Grilled Mojo Chicken with Pineapple Salsa on Mazola’s site, and it inspired me to recreate it with just a teeny twist of my own.
Grilled Mojo Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
2 cups diced fresh pineapple, 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
2 tablespoons orange juice
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces each)
1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. To make salsa- combine all salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To make chicken:
– Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350º F)
– Combine oil, orange juice, garlic, salt and spices in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Place each chicken breast is a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken, reseal bag, and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
– Transfer chicken from marinade onto grill surface and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
– Transfer chicken to a serving plate. Spoon pineapple salsa over grilled chicken and serve immediately.
It’s light and delicious, perfect for any time of year but especially during these gorgeous warm summer evenings.
Find out more about the benefits of cooking with corn oil at Mazola.com.