I have partnered with Ragú® Official New Tra-Dish as a compensated brand representative to feature a family recipe with Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce.
When you have a house full of men, knowing how to cook some hearty meals is a very good thing. Big appetites crave delicious and filling food, and my recipe for Easy Stuffed Peppers with Meat Sauce not only fits the bill, but is super easy to make (and healthy too!). I made this traditional dish of mine with Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce.
Stuffed Peppers with Meat Sauce Filling
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
6 medium peppers (assorted colors- hint: red peppers are sweeter)
1 1/2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To prepare peppers for stuffing:
– Cut off the tops of each pepper and clean out the seeds.
– Boil peppers for about 4-5 minutes in a large pot, then drain and set aside.
3. For easy, awesome meat sauce:
– Brown ground beef and onions in a pan for about seven minutes.
– Add in mushrooms, seasoning and Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and stir for
another five minutes.
4. Fill each pepper with the easy, awesome meat sauce (about 4-5 tablespoons each) and place in an oven safe dish.
5. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Ragú Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe. You can follow Ragú on facebook for more easy and delicious Authentic Italian recipe ideas.
Enter to win a trip to Venice and more prizes!
The Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes is offering a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Venice for a family of four! Enter the sweep here.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.