To my sweet little boy,
Another summer is almost over, and you begin school next week. You are no longer a baby, or a toddler, but a big boy, about to start pre-k!
It was a wonderfully long summer, where I enjoyed watching you play with your brother, teach him, and learn quite a bit yourself. You speak well, understand so much, pick up tooo much, and figure things out- I think I have the beginnings of a brilliant scientist on my hands! Or an astronaut. Or the future president. You can pick 😉
Seriously though, you just make me proud. I’m proud of what a handsome, smart, sweet young man you are, but how wonderful you are with your brother really just makes me the most proud. I hope you will always be best friends, and always love each other and be close, like you are now. Watching my sons grow up together with such fondness for each other just fills my heart. I love to watch your brother gaze at you, fascinated by everything you do and wanted to emulate you. He has a good example to follow.
I will always love you, and I am so lucky I am able to watch you grow up, and be home to encourage, support and teach you. When you read this one day, I thought you’d like to know:
* You rode your first bike, a balance bike, all summer, and for a couple of weeks, an old scooter a neighbor gave you until it broke while you were riding it (gah! mama won’t take anyone’s old toys for you anymore)
* You say “Biscuits!” whenever you are frustrated.
* You love to watch The Lorax, Fireman Sam, Woody Woodpecker, Curious George, Rescue Bots, SpongeBob and even sometimes Blues Clues and Bratz!
* You are starting to care about what you wear, and like to pick your shoes especially. You hate the Hawaiian shorts nana bought you.
* You can not wait for school to start again! You are starting to write, and love to count by 2s, 10s, and backwards.
You are my whole heart, I will always love you.