I love seafood, especially shrimp dishes, salmon, scallops, and calamari. I tend to always favor the same flavor-paced fish over and over, and shied away from tilapia.
I recently learned that a single serving of tilapia (a 4 oz fillet) has almost 30g of protein, which is over half of your daily recommended allowance (awesome news for dieters who want to pack in as much fat-burning, muscle building protein as possible), and that grilling or baking tilapia with some choice seasonings can in fact enhance its mild flavor and make it absolutely delicious. What’s more, it’s very low in fat and carb-free- it’s the fish for fitness and health minded folks!
Here is a favorite, absolutely delicious recipe with that often overlooked, but readily available, affordable, and wonderful fish, tilapia:
2 tilapia fillets
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbns salted butter, melted
1 clove garlic, chopped
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix melted butter with garlic and pepper.
3. Place tilapia in baking dish, each inside its own parchment sleeve. Pour fresh lemon juice on top, then pour butter mixture over fillets. Seal parchments.
4. Bake tilapia fillets in oven for about 30 minutes, until fish turn white.
5. Serve with favorite sides…enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this delicious tilapia recipe, which really absorbs the buttery, lemony flavor well. If you make it, let me know how it turns out!