We just enjoyed shrimp scampi at home, which I made in my new ceramic open skillet from Ceramcor. I discovered ceramic cookware about two years ago when I tried a soup pot, a cool, retro black pot I use to make my awesome chili, and that looks great on my stove top, so when I was looking for a new skillet, I knew ceramic cookware would be the way to go.
Here is my favorite recipe for shrimp scampi:
The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and de-veined, tail-on
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper
3 tbs organic salted butter
1/3 cup white wine
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Sea salt to taste
1 lb spaghetti
1. Heat skillet on high for one minute and add olive oil and butter. Reduce heat to medium and saute garlic and red pepper for one minute.
2. Add shrimp and white wine and stir until coated. Spread the shrimp out in the skillet and cook over high for 3 minutes (wine will boil).
3. Turn shrimp over and cook one more minute. Turn off heat and add parsley and black pepper. Stir and add lemon juice and sea salt. Serve over spaghetti.
* * *
If you are looking for safer cookware and are hearing about ceramic cookware for the first time, here is some info:
Great features of Ceramic Cookware
- No heavy metals or chemicals to leach into food while cooking
- Beautiful cookware with a high-gloss, scratch-proof black finish
- Built to withstand extreme temperatures so you can take it directly from the oven to the freezer. It can be safely used to cook food in the oven, on the stove, in the microwave, toaster oven, or broiler, and can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator. It can even used to serve food directly on the dinner table.
- Environmentally friendly
Let me know how you like the shrimp scampi recipe!