We just enjoyed shrimp scampi at home, which I made in my favorite new open skillet (<---- you can find one there). I discovered cast iron cookware about two years ago when I was looking for a new potto make my awesome chili, and that looks great on my stove top, so when I was looking for a new skillet, I knew cast iron cookware would be the way to go.
Here is my favorite recipe for shrimp scampi:
The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and de-veined, tail-on
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper
3 tbs organic salted butter
1/3 cup white wine
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Sea salt to taste
1 lb spaghetti
1. Heat skillet on high for one minute and add olive oil and butter. Reduce heat to medium and saute garlic and red pepper for one minute.
2. Add shrimp and white wine and stir until coated. Spread the shrimp out in the skillet and cook over high for 3 minutes (wine will boil).
3. Turn shrimp over and cook one more minute. Turn off heat and add parsley and black pepper. Stir and add lemon juice and sea salt. Serve over spaghetti.
* * *
If you are looking for quality cookware and are hearing about cast iron cookware for the first time, here is some info:
Great features of Cast Iron Cookware
- No heavy metals aside from iron to leach into food while cooking (and the added iron is actually considered good for you since you need iron in your diet)
- Beautiful cookware with a high-gloss enamel finish, can be passed down as heirlooms
- Built to withstand extreme temperatures so you can use it in the oven or stove top or fridge. It can be safely used to cook food in the oven, on the stove, or broiler, and can be stored in the refrigerator. It can even used to serve food directly on the dinner table, because it’s so pretty.
- Environmentally friendly
Let me know how you like the shrimp scampi recipe!