We just enjoyed shrimp scampi at home, which I made in my new XTrema 10″ open skillet from Ceramcor. I discovered XTrema ceramic cookware by Ceramcor about two years ago when I tried their soup pot, a cool, retro black pot I use to make my awesome chili, and that looks great on my stove top, so when I was looking for a new skillet, I knew XTrema ceramic cookware would be the way to go.
Here is my favorite recipe for shrimp scampi:
1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and de-veined, tail-on
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper
3 tbs organic salted butter
1/3 cup white wine
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Sea salt to taste
1 lb spaghetti
1. Heat skillet on high for one minute and add olive oil and butter. Reduce heat to medium and saute garlic and red pepper for one minute.
2. Add shrimp and white wine and stir until coated. Spread the shrimp out in the skillet and cook over high for 3 minutes (wine will boil).
3. Turn shrimp over and cook one more minute. Turn off heat and add parsley and black pepper. Stir and add lemon juice and sea salt. Serve over spaghetti.
* * *
The XTrema Ceramic 10″ Open Skillet features a depth of 2 1/2 inches that keeps everything contained, so less spills and splatters, and I use it to make everything- scrambled eggs, ground beef, casserole, anything my family is in the mood for. It’s 2.5 quarts so great for general use, and clean up is easy too.
Great features of XTrema Ceramic Cookware
- No heavy metals or chemicals to leach into food while cooking
- Beautiful cookware with unique shapes and a high-gloss, scratch-proof black finish
- Built to withstand extreme temperatures so you can take it directly from the oven to the freezer. It can be safely used to cook food in the oven, on the stove, in the microwave, toaster oven, or broiler, and can be stored in the freezer or refrigerator. It can even used to serve food directly on the dinner table.
- Long lasting and durable
- Takes advantage of far-infrared heating method to cook food evenly inside out.
- Environmentally friendly
- Easy to clean- the microwave save, non-scratch surface means you can cook with and clean your XTrema Cookware with any utensils or products and it will not scratch, or flake into your food
XTrema also makes a “One Egger”, a mini-skillet that is 4 1/2 inches in diameter that I use regularly to make my son one or two eggs, or to make my husband’s favorite breakfast, Eggs Benedict.
The little egger isn’t just for eggs though; it can be used for sauteeing some peppers or garlic, melting butter, etc, and it’s the perfect size for a multi tasking domestic goddess…it fits right in the middle of all those other burners (here it is so you can see the scale):
I received the cookware featured in this post for review