Earth Day 2012 is April 22nd, and many of us are trying to leave a greener life in both big and small ways. In my family we try to do our part, by recycling, buying products that are safe for the environment (and my family), and striving to use less resources that can be harmful to the earth.
If you don’t currently do anything to live greener or reduce your footprint, but would like to start, here are some ideas of easy ways you can be kinder to the earth starting this year (they are easy to incorporate into your life without much effort) so we can all leave the world better.
7 Ways To Be Good To The Earth
- Eat locally- food that is transported long distances is often loaded with preservatives, so eating locally keeps food safer for you and requires less chemicals to maintain
- Don’t buy individually packaged products- buy bulk items that use less packaging
- Use items in your home that can be washed and reused, and skip paper towels, plates, etc
- Walk or use a bicycle to get around- it’s great for the environment and you too!
- Skip single use plastic bottles of water, and buy a stainless steel water bottle to refill and reuse
- Turn off electrical appliances and lights when not in use
- Skip plastic and paper bags at the supermarket, and bring along your own reusable convas bags
So tell me how you live like the Lorax? Share your tips for a chance to win!
Haven’t you heard that orange is the new green? Seventh Generation and Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax have joined forces to inspire families to conserve the earth’s resources with conscious consumption. Created with your family, future generations and the environment in mind, Seventh Generation is the natural choice for high-quality and effective products that preserve the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people in your home–as well as the world outside. Make a difference by choosing Seventh Generation products, now offering free shipping for orders over $50. As the Lorax says, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
How do you live like the Lorax? Tell Seventh Generation below and be entered to win a Green Your Home prize pack!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Seventh Generation. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.